Mayor Alai's Office
The Mayor is the Chief Executive Officer and Safety Director of the City. He supervises the administration, is the chief conservator of the peace, and sees that laws and ordinances are enforced. The Mayor has the power to appoint, promote, transfer, reduce or remove any officer or employee of the City, except those elected. He executes on behalf of the City all contracts and is the official and ceremonial head of the City.
Duties within the Mayor's Office
- Forwards Citizen Requests Opens a New Window. to the appropriate department
- Schedules City Hall meeting rooms for non-profit organizations. To request a room, please complete the Room Request Form Opens a New Window.
- Handles applications for
- Coordinates City events such as Home Days, Fall Music Fest., City Concerts, Memorial Day Parade Opens a New Window. , and Community Garage Sale Opens a New Window. .
- Maintains and updates City Website and Electronic Board.
- Makes appointments for the Mayor as appropriate.
- Posts legal notices and RFQ/RFP's and accepts submissions.
- Handles routine Public Records requests (PDF) Opens a New Window. or routes to specific departments as appropriate.
- Assists in the creation and issuance of Mayoral Proclamations.
- Responsible for the efficient operation of the front desk through supervision, scheduling and ensuring training of Resident Services Attendants and assigned administrative staff. Opens a New Window.