City Proclamation Guidelines

Proclamations are ceremonial documents signed by the Mayor. Information is provided to the Mayor's office and the formal document is composed, printed, stamped with the Mayor's seal, and signed by the Mayor. In some cases, the Mayor presents the document in person. In other cases, it is picked up or mailed, then presented and displayed by others. 

  • Milestone birthday or anniversary for individual or business
  • A unique achievement (Olympic medal, State Championship, Eagle Scout, etc.
  • Support for Cause
  • Extreme good deed(s)

Proclamations will not be issued for:

  • Proclamations will not be issued for events or organizations with no direct relationship to the City of Broadview Heights.
  • The Mayor's Office reserves the right to modify or deny any proclamation request.
  • The request must be made by a Broadview Heights resident.

How should a proclamation request be made?

All requests must be made in writing via email to City Hall. Requests should be made at least 10 business days in advance of the date the document is needed. The exception to this rule is condolence requests- these should be made as soon as possible after a person's passing.

Please include in your request: 

  • Contact information
  • A brief summary and/or background of the event or organization.
  • Four to Six lines of milestones that should be two sentences or less.
  • A date when the proclamation is needed.