Parks and Recreation
Member Online Facility Registration
At this time, Members must register in advance online for a time slot to utilize the facility.
For time slot registration, please follow the directions below:
• Log into your online account by clicking “login” near the center top of the page. Please note, if you have ever signed up for anything previously, or if you have a membership, you already have an account in the system. If you do not know your user name &/or password, you can select “Login”, then “forgot user name” or “forgot password” and you will receive an email link to proceed. Log in first and then proceed with registration.
• On the left hand side of the page, click on the area of the building you wish to visit under “Recreation Center Registration”.
• Select the time slot you would like by clicking on the calendar image to the left of the time slot, please be aware of whether you are signing up for a weekday or weekend time slot.
• You will be brought to a calendar screen where you can select which dates you would like that particular time slot. Click on the time slot on the actual dates (time slot will be green if available, once clicked, it will turn blue and show a minus symbol). You have the option of clicking on multiple days.
• Once all dates are selected, you can move those into the cart by clicking add to cart.
• Select the individuals who are registering for that time slot in your household.
• You will now be prompted to agree to our COVID and general liability waiver (only upon first use of the reservation system will you need to agree to the waiver).
• If you wish to register for different time slots, you can leave those items in your cart and start the process over.
• Once complete, select “proceed to check out”.
• Members will be asked to scan their key fob or membership card at the entrance so please bring this with you.
• Please be sure to familiarize yourself with our temporary policies and procedures, available on the website, prior to arriving at the facility.
• It is recommended that members wear a mask or face covering when entering the facility. All members must adhere to social distancing guidelines.
• If you have any further questions or are having trouble signing up, please contact us at Rmeyer@broadview-heights.org.
CITY OF BROADVIEW HEIGHTS PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) UPDATE
Update as of 7/8/2020
RECREATION CENTER INFORMATION:
Please review the new mandatory mask protocols below!
Temporary Operating Hours:
Monday through Friday: 7am – 8pm
Saturday and Sunday: 9am – 4pm
The facility is now open in a limited capacity. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, there are new policies and procedures in place to maintain compliance with the guidelines established by the Ohio Department of Health and the Cuyahoga County Board of Health. Please review the updated protocols and procedures below prior to visiting. We will continue to monitor all information and guidelines and will adjust protocols as required as well as adjust the open/closed status of our various facilities as mandated. In addition to operating within all of the required guidelines, our highest priority will be to offer a safe and enjoyable experience for our patrons. Please note: all plans are subject to change.
RECREATION AND FITNESS CENTER MASK/FACIAL COVERING GUIDELINES (updated 7/8/2020):
For your own health and safety and that of others, when entering or leaving the Broadview Heights Community Building, you are now required to wear a mask or other facial covering over your nose, mouth and chin. We ask that you bring your own mask, but if you do not have one, a disposable mask will be provided.
When you are at your workout station, you do not have to wear a mask, but you should do so if your activity level allows you to do so. You must wear a mask when walking through the fitness center or using a restroom or locker room.
What is considered a workout station and doesn’t require a mask?
- Swimming in the pool. You must wear a mask on the pool deck, in the locker room and when interacting with others.
- The track, as long as no more than 4 people are using the track and everyone maintains social distancing of 6 feet whenever possible.
- The gym, when you maintain social distancing.
- Individual pieces of fitness equipment and/or weight benches. Note: you may move from one exercise station to one immediately next to it without putting on your mask, but don’t forget to wipe down the equipment after you have used it. If you are walking through the fitness room past other patrons, though, you must wear your mask.
- Individual marked off areas for exercising within a group class (e.g. Jazzercise).
If you have any questions, please ask a staff member for clarification. We want you and all of our patrons and all of our employees to stay healthy as we all work together to defeat the threat from Coronavirus/Covid-19. Your cooperation is essential! Thank you.
MEMBERSHIPS (updated 7/8/2020):
Memberships were initially extended by 120 days (4 months) to make up for the days missed from our closing date of 3/16/2020 through 7/13/2020. We have now extended the current protocols and the time slot reservation system, along with membership expirations, by an additional 2 weeks through Sunday 7/26/2020. This means that any member coming in between our re-opening date of 6/22/2020 and 7/26/2020 is doing so under “free use” and these days are not being counted as membership days.
ONLINE REGISTRATION SYSTEM: While the facility is operating under guidelines that restrict the available facilities and require monitoring of maximum capacity, there is an online registration system in place which allows MEMBERS ONLY to reserve a timeslot AT NO CHARGE to utilize the facility.
- Instructions on how to utilize the new registration system are posted at the top of this page. Please log in and register for your time slots! Please note that if you have a membership, you already have an online account created in the system. You will use the “forgot user name” &/or “forgot password” option on the log in screen to have the information emailed to you.
- An additional Covid-19 waiver has been added to the online registration process.
- Due to the strict guidelines we are required to follow and the limited options available to children, use of the facility is temporarily being limited to patrons 15 years of age and up.
- Silver Sneaker, Renew Active and Prime patrons will need to register for a timeslot online and then swipe their membership card at entry.
- New members can register for new memberships in-person at the Recreation Center. Only new membership sales and membership renewals will be completed in-person. All other registrations will be offered online only.
- Patrons are not permitted to enter the facility until their scheduled starting time. We ask that you please wait outside or in your vehicle until your scheduled start time.
- Patrons must check in with their key fob or membership card at the front desk prior to entering.
- Patrons need to enter and exit promptly as scheduled. An announcement will be made approximately 10 minutes prior to each departure time to please exit the building within the next 10 minutes.
- Available timeslots:
- Monday through Friday: 7am-8am, 8:30am-9:30am, 10am-11am, 11:30am-12:30pm, 1pm-2pm, 2:30pm-3:30pm, 4pm-5pm, 5:30pm-6:30pm, 7pm-8pm.
- Saturday/Sunday: 9am-10am, 10:30am-11:30am, 12pm-1pm, 1:30pm-2:30pm, 3pm-4pm.
- Current maximum timeslots available per area:
- Pool (lap lane): Max 4
- Pool (non-lap lane): Max 14
- Fitness (between the 3 spaces): Max 55
- Gym: Max 7
- These max counts may increase based on the success of operating at these counts for a period of time.
- If you need assistance with online registration, please contact us during our amended operating hours M-F 7am to 8pm, Sat/Sun 9am-4pm.
- There is a registration kiosk available in the lobby for those without access to the internet.
GENERAL COMMUNITY AND RECREATION CENTER PROTOCOLS:
- Required safety and informational signage has been added at the entrance and throughout the building.
- We have installed protective sneeze guards to all desks to protect employees and patrons.
- Floor markings have been added to desks where lines may form to ensure 6 ft. distance between patrons.
- Tables and chairs have been spaced out, closed off &/or removed throughout the facility.
- Masks are required for all employees unless alone in a dedicated office space.
- Visitors to Recreation facilities are required to wear a mask unless they are in the pool or at their workout station (gym, fitness equipment, running on the track, in a designated group fitness space, etc.). Please see specific guidelines for each area of the building in the detailed protocols below.
- All employees and visitors are required to comply with the social distancing policy of maintaining a 6’ distance from others outside of their household unit.
- Employees are conducting daily health assessments (self-evaluation) to determine if they are “fit for duty”. Sick employees are required to stay home.
- Employees are required to practice good hygiene at all times: hand washing, sanitizing and social distancing.
- General Cleaning: Will be on-going by dedicated custodial staff during all open hours with a thorough cleaning of the entire facility and all equipment nightly. A method of deep cleaning referred to as “Fogging” is being performed nightly.
- We are disinfecting work spaces at the start and end of each shift and as needed.
- We are disinfecting high touch surfaces more frequently.
- Restrooms will be cleaned and re-stocked every 2 hours. Special attention will be given to high touch surfaces such as faucets, toilets, doorknobs and light switches.
- Restrooms will be limited to use of the toilets and sinks only. All showers, the steam room and the sauna will be closed. Select lockers, that are 6’ apart, will be accessible. Patrons are encouraged to arrive ready for their facility use and discouraged from utilizing locker rooms/restrooms for changing before and after facility use.
- Water Fountains are required to be closed. Bottle fillers will be operational.
- There will be no lost and found. All items left behind will be discarded.
- Loitering or gathering in large groups will NOT be permitted.
PATRON PROTOCOLS: What you can do to help reduce the spread of Covid-19.
Below are the protocols the public needs to be aware of and follow in order to keep our facility operational.
- A health questionnaire is posted at the entryway for all visitors to review prior to entry.
- Do not visit if you are ill.
- Take your temperature at home prior to visiting. If it is 100.4 or above, do not enter the building.
- Bring only essential items with you (keys, phone, water bottle, etc.).
- Visitors to Recreation facilities are required to wear a mask unless they are in the pool or at their workout station (fitness equipment, running on the track, in a designated group fitness space, etc.). Please see specific guidelines for each area of the facility near the top of this update.
- Hand washing or sanitizing is required upon entry. Patron are asked to maintain good hygiene by hand washing or sanitizing and maintaining social distancing requirements.
- Online Covid-19 waiver must be agreed to during registration.
- No spitting permitted anywhere within the facility.
- All patrons must adhere to social distancing policy of maintaining a 6’ distance from others (outside of their household unit) at all times.
- Handshakes, high-fives, hugs are not permitted.
- Hand sanitizer stations are readily available throughout the facility.
- Patrons must utilize the EPA registered GYM WIPES provided to clean all equipment BEFORE and AFTER use.
- Select chairs and tables throughout the facility have been removed or closed off. Patrons are not permitted to move any furniture or to utilize furniture that is marked as closed.
- Exercise mats, bands and other equipment that are difficult to disinfect have been removed. Please bring your own mats and bands for fitness classes.
- Patrons visiting the gym and the pool should utilize the locker rooms adjacent to the pool and patrons using the fitness center should utilize the locker rooms adjacent to fitness.
All visitors must adhere to the posted guidelines, mandates and safety recommendations. If there are issues with compliance, visitors may be asked to leave &/or facilities may be closed.
FACILITIES THAT ARE AVAILABLE FOR USE
(with limited capacity along with the additional policies and procedures for each area)
- Updated 7/8/2020: When you are at your workout station (individual pieces of fitness equipment and/or weight benches) you do not have to wear a mask, but you should do so if your activity level allows you to do so. You must wear a mask when walking through the fitness center or using a restroom or locker room. Note: you may move from one exercise station to one immediately next to it without putting on your mask, but don’t forget to wipe down the equipment after you have used it. If you are walking through the fitness room past other patrons, though, you must wear your mask.
- The fitness equipment has been spaced out and there are now 3 different areas throughout the building offering fitness equipment (The Fitness Center, Multi-Purpose Room A and Group Exercise Room B). There is now the required 6’ distance between all machines.
- Maximum counts:
- Fitness center 55, fitness loft 14, separate stretching room 3.
- Maximum count in Multi-Purpose Room A is 10.
- Maximum count in Group Exercise B is 18.
- All patrons MUST maintain a 6 ft. distance from others (outside of those within their living unit).
- All patrons must use gym wipes to sanitize each machine and any equipment BEFORE and AFTER use. This includes everything you touch (dumbbells, hand weights, kettlebells, benches, bars, etc.).
- Additional hand sanitizer stations and gym wipe stations have been placed throughout the facility.
- Exercise mats, bands and other equipment that are difficult to disinfect have been removed. Please bring your own mats/bands for fitness classes.
- Fans will not be used anywhere in the facility.
- No spotting in the fitness center.
- Updated 7/8/2020: As long as no more than 4 people are using the track and everyone maintains social distancing of 6 feet whenever possible, runners are not required to have a mask.
- The track is preferably limited to running only.
- It is preferred that walkers utilize the lower level hallways. Anyone walking on the track or on the lower level hallways are required to wear a mask.
- Use of the track is limited to a maximum of 4 members at a time.
- All walkers/runners must comply with social distancing policies.
- Runners may use the outside lane for running and the inside lane for passing. The middle lane should not be used.
- Patrons must register for a fitness or gym time slot in order to use the track.
- Updated 7/8/2020: Masks are required when on pool deck, entering buildings, in locker rooms and when interacting near other pool guests. Masks should be removed prior to swimming as wet masks can cause difficulty breathing.
- Limited areas of the pool are open for use.
- Lifeguards must wear masks unless seated at a lifeguard chair with a 6’ radius of clearance from patrons.
- There is no gathering of groups from different households.
- Patrons should not stand, sit or otherwise block hallways or narrow passageways.
- Patrons are not permitted to move furniture and cannot utilize any furniture marked as closed.
- Areas that are currently open include the lap lanes, the leisure area, the lazy river and the spa. You must register specifically for a lap lane to utilize a lane.
- Area that are currently closed include the slide, the basketball hoops, the rock wall, all play features, the steam room and the sauna. These areas are required to remain closed due to the guidelines from the State.
- Registration will be available for lap lane use and non-lap lane use. There is only one person permitted in each lap lane so there are 4 slots available each hour for lap swimming.
- Maximum count in the spa/hot tub is 4.
- No equipment will be provided. Sharing of any personal equipment is prohibited.
- Routine disinfection of high-contact surfaces, desks, restrooms, pool ladders, chairs, tables, and all aquatic equipment is being performed by city staff.
- Our annual shut down for cleaning and maintenance was performed during the mandated closure so the natatorium will not be shutting down in August as previously scheduled.
- There will be one staff member, not actively lifeguarding, designated to ensure guidelines are being followed.
- Staff training has been performed to ensure all staff are aware of all safety protocols and as well as our updated emergency action protocols.
- Updated 7/8/2020: Masks are required when entering and exiting the facility and the gym, in locker rooms/restrooms and when interacting within 6’ of other patrons. Masks are not required while utilizing the gym as long as social distancing is maintained.
- Limited to use of the basketball hoops in Gyms A/B.
- Use is limited to one person per hoop for single player use.
- You must bring your own basketball and are required to sanitize your equipment prior to entering the gymnasium and upon leaving the gymnasium.
- Patrons are not permitted to interact with other patrons outside of their household unit.
- Updated 7/8/2020: Masks are required.
- Available to those registered for a fitness or gym time slot.
- Users are required to sanitize the chair BEFORE and AFTER use.
- Limited to a maximum of 20 minutes per use.
- Maximum of 2 patrons permitted in the room at any time.
- Select food and beverage vending machines are available.
- Patrons are required to sanitize any surface of the vending machine they touch before and after use. Gym wipes will be provided.
- Game equipment and machines on the lower level are closed.
AREA REMAINING CLOSED FOR THE TIME BEING: Child Watch, Game Room, Meeting Rooms, Multi-Purpose Rooms (not being used for fitness equipment), golf simulator room, group cycling room, and the auxiliary gymnasium. The only exception for use of any of these facilities will be for department scheduled programs or activities.
INFORMATION ON PROGRAMS, FACILITY RENTALS AND EVENTS:
- PRESCRIPTION FITNESS - PERSONAL TRAINING: Personal Training is now available.
- JAZZERCISE AND BODY SCULPTING: Jazzercise and Body Sculpting classes are now available.
- JUMP START SPORTS PROGRAMMING: https://www.jumpstartsports.com/
- FACILITY/FIELD/PAVILION RENTALS: If you are interested in a future rental, you can complete an online facility rental request at www.bhrec.org. New facility rental contracts are not currently being approved but we are accepting requests so that we can process these once rentals become available. We are awaiting additional guidance on rentals and more information will be released as it becomes available.
- GROUP EXERCISE (INCLUDING SILVER SNEAKER CLASSES): Updates on group exercise and Silver Sneaker classes will be posted as they become available. The Broadview Heights Group Exercise Passes continue to remain “on hold” and pass expirations will be extended by the amount of time we are closed/not providing classes. We will be working to bring the group exercise and Silver Sneaker classes back, while maintaining compliance will all established guidelines, as soon as possible.
PROGRAMS CANCELLED AS OF 7/8/2020 INCLUDE:
- Youth golf lessons – 7/13 to 8/22
- Archery – 7/21 to 8/27
- Swing Dance – 8/3 to 8/5
- RoboThink STEM Classes – 7/27 to 7/31
- Play Well Lego Tech Camp – 7/13 to 7/17
- National Basketball Academy Camp – 7/20 to 7/24
- World Elite Kids (gymnastics and cheer lessons) – 7/11 to 8/15
PROGRAMS PREVIOUSLY CANCELLED INCLUDE:
- SUMMER CAMP
- SWIM LESSONS (Through August)
- THEATER CAMP
- BROADVIEW HEIGHTS SUMMER LACROSSE PROGRAM
- ADULT SOFTBALL
- YOUTH BASEBALL/SOFTBALL/TEE BALL
- TRAVEL BASEBALL/SOFTBALL: In-house program cancelled. Approximately 4 of the in-house travel teams will be permitted to rent fields on a very limited basis and they will be responsible for ensuring all guidelines are being followed. No other field rentals are being permitted at this time.
MAYOR ALAI’S 5K AND THE COMMUNITY PANCAKE BREAKFAST: These events were postponed and we hope to be able to offer them at a date later than originally planned.
OTHER PROGRAMS/EVENTS: All other programs and events are still currently being postponed until further notice. We continue to work through the updates and will provide additional information as it is available.
AS OF 7/8/2020: Masks are now required when outdoors and unable to consistently maintain a distance of six feet or more from individuals who are not members of their household.
TENNIS COURTS: Re-opened on Tuesday, May 26th. Guidelines, mandates and safety signage are posted. Maximum capacity inside the tennis court fencing is 10. Wear a mask or face covering when entering courts or interacting in close proximity to others. All visitors must adhere to the posted guidelines, mandates and safety recommendations. If there are issues with compliance, visitors may be asked to leave &/or facilities may be closed. Please review the tips and recommendations being provided by the United States Tennis Association (USTA) for playing tennis safely prior to visiting the tennis courts: https://www.usta.com/content/dam/usta/sections/midwest/pdfs/general/18266_USTA_COVID19_PlayingTennisSafely-Poster%20v3.pdf
OUTDOOR PICKLEBALL: Pickleball nets are available at the outdoor tennis courts and new guidelines for safe play have been posted. Maximum capacity inside the tennis court fencing is 10. Wear a mask or face covering when entering courts or interacting in close proximity to others. We ask that you consider playing doubles only with those who reside within your household. All visitors must adhere to the posted guidelines, mandates and safety recommendations. If there are issues with compliance, visitors may be asked to leave &/or facilities may be closed. Please review the tips and recommendations being provided by the USA Pickleball Association: https://www.usapa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/COVID-19-RETURN-TO-PLAY_USAPA.pdf.
RESTROOM FACILITIES: A restroom is available at “The Fields” maintenance building M-F when full time staff are scheduled, typically 7:30am to 3:30pm. There are portable restroom units available at The Fields and Broadview Center.
PLAYGROUNDS ARE OPEN! While playgrounds are now open, families are asked to follow the guidelines below provided by the Ohio Department of Health and the Cuyahoga County Board of Health. The Parks and Recreation Department will sanitize playgrounds weekly.
- WEAR A FACE COVERING AT ALL TIMES (over age 10).
- PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING – Stay 6’ apart (about 2 arms’ length) and avoid congregating.
- WASH YOUR HANDS OR USE HAND SANITIZER – Bring hand sanitizer and use before entering the playground and immediately after use of playground.
- FOOD & BEVERAGES – Please do not bring food or beverages to the playground.
- DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE SICK OR EXHIBITING ANY COVID-19 SYMPTOMS.
SPLASH PARK: The Splash Park will remain closed for the 2020 season.
OUTDOOR FACILITIES: City athletic fields and basketball courts remain closed until further notice.
WHILE VISITING OUR OUTDOOR FACILITIES, PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Masks are now required when outdoors and unable to consistently maintain a distance of six feet or more from individuals who are not members of their household.
- Athletic fields and basketball courts are currently closed.
- The ODH is requiring that individuals must at all times or as much as reasonably possible, maintain social distancing of 6 feet from any other person with the exception of family or household members.
- All public and private gatherings of any number of people occurring outside a single household or living unit are prohibited, with the exception of household or family members.
- Any gatherings of 10 people or more is prohibited.
- Stay home if you are sick and practice good hygiene. Wash your hands after touching surfaces. Avoid touching your face. Sneeze or cough into a tissue or the inside of your elbow. Place garbage in trash receptacles.
Information regarding COVID-19 can be found at the Ohio Department of Health: www.coronavirus.ohio.gov
Please check www.bhrec.org for additional updates which will be posted as soon as the information is available.
Additional questions or comments please email: email@example.com