You must register as a SilverSneakers member at the front desk prior to participating in any of these programs using your SilverSneakers Card. Please bring in your insurance card to determine if you qualify for the SilverSneakers program.
Select plans under the following providers are currently including this as a benefit to their members: Advantage, Anthem, Health Advantra, HealthSpan Humana, SummaCare, MediGold, Paramount Elite, The Health Plan and AARP. All Silver Sneakers Members must swipe their membership card at the front desk prior to each class. Non-SilverSneakers may participate at no charge in the SilverSneakers Classic class but will need to sign in and register with the instructor. Non-Silver Sneakers Members, please see the FLEX PASS FLYER or ask for details at the desk about how you can participate in any of these programs for a minimal fee!
*Classes occasionally get cancelled or changed. Due to the high amount of call volume we will not be making phone calls if classes are cancelled in the future. We will send out a text alert instead. To receive this alert please text the keyword SSClasses to 84483 to sign up*
SILVER SNEAKERS CLASSES
Silver Sneakers Cardio M-F: 9am - 9:45am.
Silver Sneakers Classic M/W/F: 10:15am - 11:15am
Silver Sneakers Yoga Thursdays: 10:00am - 11:00am
- Cardio and Classic Classes will be limited to the first 40 participants. Yoga is limited to the first 6 participants.
- Classic Class will be held in Auxiliary Gym, while Cardio will be on B side of New Gym. Yoga takes place in Multipurpose Room B.
- Social distancing is required.
- Masks are required except while you are actively participating in exercise.
- Participants should enter the facility no more than 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time and must exit promptly when class ends. There is no congregating permitted.
- If equipment is used, participants must sanitize it before and after use using the Gym Wipes provided. We will not provide equipment for senior yoga.
- Chairs will be sanitized by custodial staff after each class.
- Participants are asked to review the “Patron Protocols” for the facility listed above and available online at www.bhrec.org prior to visiting.
(SilverSneaker/Senior classes are recommended for seniors 65 and older. For more information please visit the Silver Sneakers website.)
All classes below are offered at NO CHARGE to SilverSneakers Members. A Group Exercise Pass is good for all our Group Exercise classes including Zumba, Yoga and Group Cycling. See our group exercise page for more information.
SilverSneakers Classic* – Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays 10:15AM to 11:15AM
Have fun and move to the music through a variety of exercises designed to increase muscular strength and range of movement. Hand weights, and balls are provided along with chair for support. *Class offered at no charge to members.
Senior Cardio – Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays 9:00AM to 9:45AM
Get up and Go with an aerobics class for you – safe, hearth healthy, and gentle on the joints. The workout includes easy following, low-impact movement, upper-body strength, abdominal conditioning, stretching and relaxing exercises. A chair is available for support and easy head to toe stretching.