How can I get a continuance?

Please complete the information below and fax to 440-717-4002 or email

  • Name, address, phone number
  • Include ticket number (upper right hand corner)
  • You must state that you waive your right to a speedy trial
  • You must indicate the court date and time you are scheduled to appear
  • You must state why you are requesting a continuance
  • You are to request a continuance to the next court date and time, found on the court calendar
  • You must indicate that you are aware there is a $5.00 fee for a continuance
  • You must SIGN the request then fax, scan, or screen shot and email

We need to receive a request for continuance by 4pm the day prior to the original court date. You will need to call the court after you email/fax, to be sure we received the continuance request and we can advise if it was granted. 

If you live local or want to come to court to sign a continuance form, this can be done M - F 8:30am - 4:30pm, but only up to 11 am on your court date. The court window will close at noon on court days and open again at 1 :00 pm for court.      After 1 :00 pm, you must speak directly to the prosecutor to request an additional continuance. 

Filing a Continuance (PDF)

Show All Answers

1. Do I have to appear in Mayor’s Court?
2. What do I need to bring to Mayor's Court?
3. How much is my ticket?
4. How can I get a continuance?
5. How do I get married?

The Mayor performs weddings for residents of Broadview Heights. They are generally scheduled during business hours, Monday - Friday 8:30 - 4:30 pm, by appointment.    It is a short civil ceremony, held in the Council Chambers. A marriage license must be obtained from the Cuyahoga County Marriage License Bureau prior to the ceremony. 
To schedule a wedding contact the Mayor’s office at 440-526-3651.