Civil Service Commission
This commission determines the fitness and merit of candidates for full-time positions and promotions in the Broadview Heights Police Department and Fire Department. It is responsible for arranging written, agility, physical, and psychological tests and an analysis of test results as governed by the Civil Service Commission of Broadview Heights and the State of Ohio.
NOTICE OF EXAMINATION
The City of Broadview Heights is an equal opportunity employer seeking qualified applicants for the positions of Patrol Officer. The examination is open to all citizens or permanent resident card holders of the United States who meet the application criteria below. Written exam will be held on Saturday April 20, 2019 at the
Broadview Heights City Hall. The exam begins promptly at 9:00AM.
Completed applications along with a non- refundable filing fee of $25.00
must be returned in person to:
Broadview Heights Community Center
Civil Service Office - 2nd Floor
9543 Broadview Rd
Broadview Hts., OH 44147
|Monday - Friday||April 8 - 12||9am - 3pm|
|Monday||April 15||9am - 6pm|
- Applicants must submit a Police Officer Physical Agility Certificate from Tri-C showing a successful completion of all requirements and dated no more than one year prior to the filing deadline (April 15, 2019.)
- Applicants must be 21 years old on or prior to the date of the examination.
- No person shall be eligible for the appointment on or after their 35th birthday.
- All applicants will be required to pass the written exam with a minimum score of seventy percent (70%), a psychological evaluation, medical/drug, and background investigation before consideration of appointment.
- Applicants must be free of serious criminal record, possess a valid driver’s license, high school diploma or GED equivalent.
The compensation range for a Police Officer in the City of Broadview Heights is currently between $57,064.00 and $76,281 plus benefits.
City of Broadview Heights
Civil Service Commission
The Civil Service Commission consists of three members of the Municipality not holding other municipal office or appointment, to be appointed by the Mayor with the approval of City Council, for terms of 4 years, commencing upon the expiration of the respective terms of the present members. A vacancy occurring during the term of any member of the Civil Service Commission shall be filled for the unexpired term in the manner authorized for an original appointment. The Commission shall designate one of its members as Chairman and Vice-Chairman. The Commission also employs a Civil Service Administrator who coordinates, attends and documents all proceedings and actions as required and performs such duties as required by the commission, the City and/or the State of Ohio.