Lacrosse Rules and Regulations
The following are the rules and regulations our leagues are officiated under:
1. All games are officiated under High School rules
It does players no good to learn to play the game under different rules then they will have to play for their local High schools / town teams. Therefore, the officials enforce the following High School rules
- 20 second count to clear the defensive end.
- 10 second count to get the ball in the offensive box.
2. Game Duration
Unless otherwise noted, games are two twenty three minute running halves. Halftime is three minutes long. Each team may take one timeout per game. Timeouts are one minute long. NO TIMEOUTS ARE ALLOWED IN THE LAST 3 MINUTES OF A GAME.
3. Faceoffs (At the start of each half only)
Face-off commands are a) down, set, and whistle. Note we only have faceoffs at the start of the game and second half. Jumping the face-off whistle is loss of possession. The faceoff player does not have to leave the field.
All time serving penalties will result in Man-up opportunities not fast breaks. Because we use running time game clocks all penalties will be 50% longer than they would be in a stop clock game.
- Technical Penalties - Any player (except the goalie) shall be ruled off the field for forty five (45) seconds.
- Minor Penalties -Any player (except the goalie) shall be ruled off the floor for one minute and 30 seconds.
- Fighting THERE IS NO FIGHTING. ANY PLAYER OR TEAM WHO FIGHTS WILL BE EXPELLED FROM THE LEAGUE. NO REFUND WILL BE AWARDED. ALL PLAYERS ARE TO BE ON THEIR BEST BEHAVIOR.
- Conduct/Language THERE WILL BE NO SWEARING OR TAUNTING OF OTHER PLAYERS PERMITTED. PLAYERS THAT DEMONSTRATE MISCONDUCT WILL BE SUSPENDED FROM PLAY AND MAY BE ASKED NOT TO RETURN WITH OUT REFUND.
If necessary, overtime will be a braveheart "sudden victory" format. The first team to score in the overtime period shall be declared the winner. Note: During the braveheart at least one player (goalie or field player) must remain on the defensive side of the field..