Men's 21 and Over League:
Our adult men’s league is moderately competitive but is primarily for fun. The primary emphasis however, is still on sportsmanship and friendly competition. All participants of our code of conduct will be adhered to throughout the season regardless of venue and players, coaches and spectators will be subject to our zero tolerance policy.
Registration is by team (team manager will need to log into our online registration site www.bhrec.org/register and sign up for your team.
Additional forfeit fees will be collected on the day of the team/manager meeting which will be mandatory for league participation and take place two weeks before the season begins. Forfeit fees are refunded after the season if no forfeits have been committed. $40 is due per team, per game for referee and scorekeepers.
- Games are played 4v4 on a full court.
- Teams use a 29.5 inch regulation basketball.
- Games are played on a 10 ft. hoop
- Chairs will be provided for each team and players are expected to remain seated during game play.
- There are no formal coaches as the players will coach themselves.
- Each team will receive 3 timeouts a game. One time-out will be permitted for each overtime period. (Timeouts will not roll over if not used)
- Games will consist of 2 x 18 minute halves. Overtime periods will be one (1) minute in length. If the score is still tied after the second overtime period, sudden death will be in effect for the last overtime period.
- A five-minute warm-up period will be permitted before games when time allows.
- Lane violations are 3 seconds in the key. (at the referee’s discretion)
- Foul shots will be taken from the 15 ft. mark.
Date TBD... We are Looking at running this Late Summer/ Early Fall
6 game regular season.
Top 4 teams qualify for playoffs. Playoff seeding will go by record. Ties in the standings will be broken the following ways:
- Head to Head results involving all of the teams tied.
- Total points scored for the entire season.
- Total points scored against for the entire season.
In the event of a tie score at the end of regulation play, teams will play a 1 minute overtime starting with a jump ball.
Should the score remain tied after the second overtime, teams will play a final “sudden death” overtime.
Each team will receive one timeout for each overtime period. Timeouts cannot be carried over to another overtime period.
Example: at the end of the season, the 4th and 5th seeded teams have the same exact record but the 5th seeded team won the regular season match up. The 4th spot for the playoffs would be granted to the 5th seeded team)
Playoffs will be single elimination (Winner will receive a championship t-shirt)
- Each player must be 21 or older in order to play in the adult league. Players will be expected to check in before each game with a valid driver license or state ID.
- Once a player is enrolled onto a roster, they are ineligible from joining or playing for another team for the entire season. If someone plays on your team at any time during the season and they are not a registered player on your team, your team may face a forfeiture of the game and possible suspension from the league (If you are having roster issues during the season, contact either Gary or Rob and we will work with you to address the issue).
- Each team may carry up to 7 players on a roster.
- Players who falsify information on the roster sheet will be deemed as an in-eligible player. Use of ineligible players will result in forfeiture of games and possible suspension.
- If a team forfeits a game, they will lose the refundable forfeit fee. If a team forfeits for a second time, they will be removed from the league.
- Team rosters will be collected at the manager meeting two weeks before the season begins.
COACHES, TIMEOUTS AND SUBSTITUTIONS:
- One player is designated as the coach for the game and will introduce himself to the referees before the game.
- There will be No “Coaches” or “Managers” allowed to sit on the bench. Only registered players are allowed to be on the bench. Violators will be asked to leave the facility.
- Players are permitted to call time outs.
- Teams will be allowed (3) time-outs per game. One time-out will be permitted during each overtime period. Time-outs do not carry over from regulation or overtime. All timeouts are 30 seconds in duration.
- Substitutions can be made at any stoppage of play with permission from the referees.
CLOCK AND STOP TIME:
- Time is kept with a running clock except where noted.
- Stop time will occur the last 15 seconds of the first half and the last 2 minutes of the game. The clock will not stop during the last 2 minutes of the game if there is a 15 point or more score differential.
- The bonus situation will occur on the 7th team foul of each half.
- A jump ball will be used to start the game and alternating possession will be in effect for the remainder of the game.
- Fees: $300 per team, $80 forfeit fee. ($80 will be refunded to each team at the end of the season that does not use the forfeit fee)
- Exact change must be given for the forfeit fee. (We will have a mandatory league meeting approximately 2 weeks before the season starts. This is when the fees will be collected)
- Game Fees: $40 per game per team. (These fees are for officials and scorekeepers)
- Game fees must be handed to the score table at least (5) minutes before the start of the game and must be in exact change.[RL3]
- In the event of a tie score at the end of regulation play, teams will play a 1 minute overtime starting with a jump ball.
- Should the score remain tied after the second overtime, teams will play a final “sudden death” overtime.
- Each team will receive one timeout for each overtime period. Timeouts cannot be carried over to another overtime period.
- No player, fan, or anyone associated with a team shall act in an unsportsmanlike manner before, during or after games. Unsportsmanlike fans will not be permitted to attend games.
- Players ejected from a game must sit out of the team’s next game and automatically receive two technical fouls.
- Players ejected from a game must leave the recreation center immediately. They are not to be on the bench, in the bleachers, or anywhere else in the facility.
- If a player receives two technical fouls in one game they will be ejected from that game and must sit out. If this happens, you will not be permitted to attend the next game.
- Technical fouls will accumulate for each player during the season. The penalties are as follows:
3 Technical Fouls- One game suspension
4 Technical Fouls- two game suspension
5 technical Fouls- Suspended for the season
- There will be NO free admission for spectators. (Members or drop-in guests only)
- Spectators, coaches and players will familiarize themselves with the Broadview Heights Code of Conduct, the Coaches Pledge and the Zero Tolerance Policy. These will be followed throughout the season and at all venues in which we play.
- The gym has stands for fans to watch the game.
- NOBODY is to sit on the stage area of the auxiliary gymnasium
- NOBODY is to stand in the “out of bounds” area surrounding the playing courts or in the doorway blocking entrance to the gym.
- Team managers are responsible for their player’s behavior before, during and after a game.
- Technical fouls can be assessed to a team for abusive fans.
- Any verbal or non-verbal disagreement either directly or indirectly with the referee by a spectator may result in a technical foul for their team and or/and immediate ejection.