As a parent,
(Copies of this code of conduct are available at the front desk and online at www.bhrec.org)
- I will remember that children participate to have fun and that the game is for the children, not the adults.
- I (and my guests) will follow the rules and regulation of the Broadview Heights Recreation Department.
- I (and my guests) will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every game and practice.
- I (and my guests) will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any umpire, coach, player or parent, such as booing or taunting, refusing to shake hands or using profane language or gestures.
- I will not encourage any behaviors or practices that would endanger the health and well-being of the players.
- I will respect the officials and their authority during games.
- I will never question, discuss or confront coaches at the game field but will take time to speak with them at an agreed upon time and place.
- I will teach my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
- I will teach my child to treat other players, coaches, umpires and spectators with respect, regardless of race, creed, color, sex or ability.
- I will praise my child for competing fairly and trying hard.
- I will not ridicule or yell at my child or other players for making a mistake.
- I will promote the emotional and physical well-being of the players ahead of any personal desire I may have for my child to win.
Code of Conduct and Zero Tolerance Policy
Fans, coaches, and players that violate our Parent Code of Conduct or the tenets outlined in our Coaches Pledge will face disciplinary action as outlined below.